- Ability to maintain, receiving, warehousing & distributing operations by initiating, coordinating & enforcing programmes, operational & personnel policies & procedures
- Ensure material handling & advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations & contents by establishing & monitoring security procedures
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts, reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning & implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair & requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling & assigning employees, as well as evaluating work results.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Warehouse controller/assistant/coordinator in a FMCG company.
- Matric with Maths non-negotiable.
- Valid forklift license
- A tertiary qualification in Logistics and supply chain will be beneficial.
- Computer literacy is very important.